Note: This is a discontinued model. You may find one at a dealer or one used and need to know the specs. We list this here for your information.
The VAOM-06 from Voyage-Air started the affordable folding-guitar revolution, and is the best-known and most-reviewed of all the Voyage-Air models. Though now a discontinued model, we have a few in stock at our new warehouse. These are brand new, full warranty, and at a breakthrough factory-direct price. The VAOM-06 features a solid Sitka Spruce top and scalloped, forward-shifted internal bracing. It captures the most intimate tones with full, soaring harmonics and sustain – tone that can only come from solid Sitka Spruce. This full OM-size guitar is a fingerstyle delight, with a wide 1-3/4” nut width that makes for easy play of intricate passages. Think of the acoustic music of Eric Clapton and Dave Matthews – that’s the tone that inspired, and rings out from the VAOM-06. The back and sides are select Mahogany, and the entire body of the guitar sports a high-gloss finish with black bindings. Elegant, easy to play, superior appointments and unmatched tone at its price: that’s the VAOM-06.
- Genuine Solid Sitka Spruce Top w/ Scalloped X-brace
- Hand Inlaid 2-ring Soundhole Rosette
- 6-ply top binding
- African Mahogany Back and Sides
- African Mahogany Neck w/ Rosewood Heel Cap
- Select East Indian Rosewood Fingerboard & Bridge
- Traditional Inlay in Prewar-style staggered sizes
- Compensated Saddle
- Distinctive Voyage-Air pickguard in black
- Proprietary Voyage-Air Captured Nut
- Patented Voyage-Air Folding Neck-Hinge System
- 25.5" Scale Length
- Traditional 1 3/4" Nut width
- Chrome Die-Cast Schaller-Style tuners w/metal buttons.
- Thinly applied, protective High-Gloss finish.
- Strung with D'Addario 12-54 Phosphor Bronze strings.